Thursday, October 1, 2009

To choke, or take a picture, that is the question!



September 30, 2009
Today there is a high of 47 degrees. Compare that to yesterdays high of 85 and you can see that we all think it is freezing!

October 1, 2009
Yesterday was freezing cold, and today is even colder! Our tomatoes all froze to death out in the garden along with the squash and all remaining plants (with the exception of all the ripe tomatoes that we brought in for one last batch). Truth be told, I am glad! I have had enough canning/ freezing/ jamming for this year, and now that it has frosted, the apples will soon be ready along with the grapes. There are fall colors everywhere and snow on the mountains all the way down to the benches. I know it will warm up again before winter actually sets in, but in the mean time it is so cold that the kids don't want to go outside, and it's SEP conference time along with UEA weekend, so no school for the week. The kids decided to entertain themselves by dumping out EVERY game, toy bin, box, doll, dress ups, blanket, pillow, etc. Which is the thing in this world that will make me go crazy faster than any other "activity" other than when they tear my newly made bed apart! ARGHH! So now they are all grounded to their rooms until the stuff is put back because I need a time out!It's going to be a very long winter...and fall just started! I love my kids, I love my kids, I love my kids!

No comments: