Saturday, November 14, 2009

First snow of the season!







The first snow of the season! I don't like the cold at all! And I dread that it means cold, crying kids, wet floors, soggy coats, hats, gloves, etc. and scraping car windows, running the heater and a big increase in the gas bill. But I have to admit that it does make me excited about Christmas! Even took the kids shopping yesterday! FM 100 is playing Christmas music 24/7 and our tree permit is bought and ready to go! The scentsy candle warmer is bubbling up cinnamony smells and oranges are available (the kind that actually taste good!) I do love this time of year! The kids had a great time throwing snowballs and Jacob was hilarious as he experienced snow for the first real time. He has been aching to get out in it, and John took him out for a while on his day off. At first he thought it was scary and yucky. All the world was transformed from how he knew it. But then Matthew showed him how to grab a handful of snow and suddenly the white stuff became a free for all on throwing balls! He played for a half an hour, until he came in freezing cold! Spencer built his first snowman of the year, Olivia and Matty broke in their new snow boots, John "cussed" the cold and I stayed in the house to make cookies! Ahhh, I do love this time of year!

No comments: