Every once in a while the kids do something that just makes me stop and wonder. Why? Really? Hmm...
Here's my list of some of these. I will continue to add to it.
Why is it that kids NEVER spring out of bed spontaneously on a regular school day, but if you finally have a Saturday that you don't have to be up (which are on the endangered species list around our house), you better believe they will be in our room at the crack of dawn wanting breakfast or something else.
How come peace and quiet is the last thing we get, even though we would love to have some. And when we finally do get some silence in our house, it means the kids are up to something they shouldn't be?!
Why are boys so obsessed with poop, farts, burps and other bodily functions? Seriously?! And why do they want to share with you all the poop stories, jokes, etc. that they find so funny? Gross!
Why do babies wait until they are in a fresh new diaper to fill it full of stinky-ness. Why didn't they just do it before you took off the last one? (Maybe this all evolves into the above curiosity)
Why is it that we can't convince our 2 year old to eat anything off his plate, but he will eat a jelly bean that is stuck to the couch cushion? Or an eraser off a pencil or the unidentifiable brown glob from beneath the restaurant table, or who knows who's piece of chewed bubble gum from the parking lot, and the worst of our personal experiences: a cigarette butt from a public ash tray!! Oh, you better believe he got his mouth sanitized over that one!
How do kids have a perfectly clean room in the morning, and a declarable disaster zone by afternoon?
Why is it that I can yell all I want about homework, or chores, or being nice to each other and they never seem to hear me? I have even had one or more of them say "Oh, I didn't hear you." Whatever! If I had whispered "I have fresh cookies, hot out of the oven" they would have heard that!
How come kids "forget" they have homework until 11:30 at night! (Now Mom, I know I did this, too.)
Why do we have a trampoline in the backyard and still the kids insist on jumping on the couch?
How do kids manage to flood the entire bathroom during a bath?! I've even tried the old "you'll rot the floor one of these days and find yourselves sitting in the crawl space with the spiders" line. They don't seem to hear me.
1 comment:
Ah the joy of Motherhood so beautifully written
Post a Comment