Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jacob's understanding of The Nativity

For those of you who do not know, Jacob is two years old. He has an extensive vocabulary for a two year old, as seems to run in our children. This year we purchased a nativity scene as we try to do each year. On occasion I like to seek out ones that the kids can interact with, and that is the case this year as I found a playmobil nativity.


 The kids were so excited to set it up, and anxiously put all the tiny pieces together. The older kids kept referring to the manger as "Baby Jesus' bed".When it came time to lay the Baby Jesus in the manger, it was no where to be found. We searched and searched, but to no avail. Spencer finally said "Where is Baby Jesus' bed?" and Jacob piped up "Oh, I know! I know where it is!" and off he ran.


Seconds later he returned with Mickey Mouse's bed from a toy playhouse. It was a perfect fit! "Here it is!" Jacob told us. And he carefully laid Baby Jesus in Mickey's bed.

The older kids told him that we were looking for the manger, the straw. But he would have nothing to do with that. Even after we found the manger in a container, he would not let Jesus sleep in that! I guess even at his young age, he realizes the importance of this most honored of men. Such a sweet way to start the Christmas season!


This is what the scene is supposed to look like.

And this is what it DOES look like!

3 comments:

Alena said...

That is DARLING...hugs to you

Nicole Norris said...

What a fun family tradition. Cute story too.

Valerie said...

What a sweet story!