The lake was decent, with few people even on the last Saturday of the school year summer, with an actual shaded sandy beach.
And the kids took to the kayaks like fish to water!! We had a great time!
These two definitely took over the kid kayaks. I think they would have stayed out on the lake all day if we had let them take their dinner out with them!
They couldn't get enough of it! They begged for one more ride, a little more time and debated over who's turn was next.
Even Jacob and Avvy loved it! And because the water was shallow enough, I didn't
worry as much as I thought I might.
| Making their dinner on cheetos! |
As always, John has to be a clown! Here he is in one of the kid kayaks with his tongue sticking out! So very John!
See that tiny person way out in the lake? That's Olivia, who decided that she wants a kayak for Christmas!
And we need this picture to show off how cute her little chubby legs are!
Jacob loved his "banana tube"!
Even Spencer surprised us. Here is the boy who is terrified of swings, bikes and teeter totters, but LOVED the kayaks! Should have figured so, he loves anything to do with water. I am seriously thinking of spraying him down with a hose while he learns to ride his bike!
All in all it was super fun! And we all left thinking how fun it would be to have kayaks. And since Hyrum lake and Mantua lake are both within ten minutes of our house, what an inexpensive way to spend our summers / date nights! We'll have to see!
1 comment:
Wish we could have done this together. How fun. The kids are so cute and look at how much Avvy is growing. Oh, I am missing so much
Post a Comment