Things I hope I never forget:
the sound of little bare feet running across the floor, that darling "slap, slap, slap" sound from their chubby tiny feet that disappears when their feet grow.
How Olivia calls anything small "weensy". As in "Look at her weensy little hands", or "Can I have some of that weensy pie you made?" I just love this!
How snuggly Olivia can be. Especially at night when she wants us to sit by her bed until she goes to sleep, and puts her tiny, delicate hand in ours.
As difficult as it is to sleep, I love their little bodies in bed with us. Curled up and sleeping soundly after a scary dream. It feels so good to know that nothing in this world makes them feel safer than being next to us.
I love the sound of John singing to the kids at night, when he thinks no one else is listening. Or how he picks them up when they have something terrific to tell him and then tells them "I love you!" I love the sound of his kiss pressed softly to their foreheads.
and I love how the simple things make them happy: their own roll of tape, a full bottle of bubbles, making our bed to surprise us - messy as it is when it's finished, a new pencil, pouring their own milk without help, sitting by Daddy at dinner, choosing the treat for family home evening, picking dandelions in the summer for a centerpiece for the table, drawing a scribbled little picture that we 'Love" and hanging on the refrigerator for everyone to see - eyes all lit up at their accomplishment! I love it! Please let me not forget!
Seeing them all snuggled up on the couch in their pajamas, listening intently to a story in the soft light of the lamp.
Watching them play in the back yard, exploring, discovering, running and laughing.
Kissing them goodnight again, after they are asleep.
Hearing them say "I love you Mommy" without any reason.
Listening to their dreams: "To be a scientist" - Spencer, "I'm gonna be Big Blue when I get big!" - Matty.
The excitement in hearing them say their first words and then more, and then more. And sometimes only you can understand them and they look up at you for you to translate for them.
Their huge achievements and how it can move me to tears just because others don't understand how incredibly giant it is to be the "most improved student of the year".
How nobody else in the world can console them except me, or John.
Those tiny hands of Jacobs, outstretched, palms up to get out of his crib, or to come to us when someone else is holding him. And that sweet relieved laughter of "Oh there's my mom!" when finally he sees me.
How sweet Jacob is. How fun it is to hear him say every morning "Juice, Sit, Buzz, Go!" when he wants to sit and watch his favorite character and drink his cup of juice.
Jacobs incredible eyelashes! Spencer's amazing smile! Olivia's all around beauty! Matthew's zest for life! Avonlea's precious thumbsucking!
I hope I never forget how incredible it is to see our baby for the very first time.
That absolute perfection in that tiny person.
How much I love to see Spencer take responsibility for something he knows he needs to do. My heart swells inside as he grows into such a fine young man.
Watching them get so excited about there dreams.
Their laughter. Pure and innocent and over such silly things, but no better sound than hearing them laugh at something so mesmerizing to a child.
I hope I never forget how wonderful it is to have children who believe in the unbelievable. Santa is real, Leprechauns can be captured and a field trip to farm can be more fun than Disneyland!
I hope I never forget how wonderful it feels to hold a baby and have them fall asleep on my chest at night. Or to peek into their crib in the morning and be greeted by a glorious smile! Mornings are the best.
I hope I never forget how incredibly blessed I am in my life! All the most important things I have I can take with me to the next life. And the ones I can't aren't that important.!
No comments:
Post a Comment