Saturday, January 9, 2010

One Last Time.









This is it. Never again, in all eternity. Elation...and sorrow. It has been hard this time. 34 is so much older than 28. Four times in 5 1/2 years may be the reason. But I am grateful. Grateful for the opportunity to have had such an amazing experience as pregnancy has been.

If you had told me ten years ago. Or even six, that we would have five children, I would have laughed. Laughed at the painful idea. Laughed at the chance for the idea. It just wasn't possible. And yet here we are. Never to conceive a child, awaiting our fifth. We are truly blessed. Blessed to have our beautiful children. Blessed to have the gospel. Blessed to have each other and a fantastic marriage. It has become my motto. Sums up very well all that I have in my life. My husband. My children.

"Of all God's miracles large and small. The most miraculous one of all, is the one I thought could never be: God has given you to me."

I have never done these pictures before. Other's opinions got in the way. And somehow it was a betrayal to Spencer. Then after Jacob I wished I had. I realized that it didn't matter what other people thought. And it certainly wasn't a betrayal to anyone. I didn't think I would get the opportunity again. So here they are. Celebrating the miracle that is the coming of a life. Thankful that I had the opportunity, in so many facets.

3 comments:

Liz said...

OH look at you soooo cute! I think that they are cute, and to me it doesn't matter which child is in you just that YOU had the opportunity to BE pregnant! And that you will always remember ALL 5 of your kids from when your first held them! That is the best memory!

Nicole Norris said...

You are a miracle. I can't believe you are having your 5 child! Don't feel guilty about doing something this pregnancy that you didn't do with your other kids. There are things you did for Spencer that you couldn't do for any of the other kids. Every time I think about our conversation about "something in the water" and we were all pregnant but you and you said I must be drinking different water and then you found out you were pregnant just makes me laugh out loud!

Unknown said...

You look awesome. I wish those photos would have been "the thing" back when I was pregnant. You were supposed to have Spencer in your family. You really are a miracle...proof that Heavenly Father truly does orchestrate our lives.