Friday, July 29, 2011

I blame it on the fact that I have boys...

Someone pointed out to me that no one in our family has ever had a broken bone...NO ONE! Not on my side, not on John's and in the same summer, we've had two.

So now there's guilt!! Is it because of my lack of attentiveness? I don't just let my children run, I'm the opposite actually. More of a hover-er. I was right there with them, both times! So I'll just blame it on the fact that I have boys! :) Most of my family, and John's only have a few boys "intersprinkled" with all the girls. So we made up for the lack of boys by having boys. And boys play hard! (Boy, that was a lot of mention of boys! :) He he!




Anyway, Jacob broke both his forearm bones in his left arm, and Olivia broke her pinkie finger on her left hand. Thank goodness it was the left hand on both of them! But I have learned a few things this summer: trying to keep children with casts clean in the summer is a BIG pain in the butt! Three year olds have a hard time being potty trained with a giant cast, and only one person should jump on a trampoline at a time. Maybe Uncle Ric had some wisdom there. :)

Here's hoping for a cast free summer next year!

No comments: