Thursday, July 14, 2011

Proud to be an American

Truly this title says it all. My mom's family is one of the most "patriotic" families I have ever known and as a result raised us to be the same. Militarily strong, anthem memorizing, moved to tears, traditional...patriotic.

It's tradition

Spencer was given the privilege of being one of these 200 scouts. Such an honor for him.

The Fourth of July means for me:
Memories of my sweet Honey. A true Yankee Doodle - born on the fourth of July and everything. I miss him everyday!

Looking at Olivia who was almost our Yankee Doodle and thinking how much Honey would love her (and all of our kids)!


Corn on the cob, watermelon, dry ice rootbeer and homemade ice cream.




Auntie is such a good sport!

Lounging in the backyard...


Fireworks: big time at the stadium and small town on the street in front of our house...

Campouts in the backyard...





Our sweet children...with flags...dressed in red, white and blue




Standing in sacrament meeting to sing "The Star Spangled Banner"...

Watching the tears stream down John's cheeks during the patriotic musical performances...









Avvy was hilarious with this mask, not only did she want to wear it (unusual for a baby), but she also had a FIT if anyone else touched it! So funny!




I love this time of year! I am so thankful for the blessings and freedoms we have!

No comments: