For family home evening, our lesson was about the Book of Mormon being a companion to the Bible and how blessed we are to have ongoing scripture. During the course of the lesson we touched on the fact that our Heavenly Father loves us in this day and age just as he loved those in the times of the bible and how He would not cut us off from His direction. We discussed that our Heavenly Parents love us even more than our earthly parents do. Then to help our children understand how much love that is we expressed to them how we love them more than anything in this world, how we could have everything we posses taken from us and as long as we have our children we would be fine. We told them that just as we would do ANYTHING in this world for them, our Heavenly Parents love them even more...and that's a lot!
Well, I should have seen this coming, but as we tucked our kids into bed last night, kisses had been given, prayers had been said, scriptures were read, teeth were brushed, and the lights were out (and they were supposed to have gotten their cups of ice water, it's part of their responsibility/remove an excuse to get out of bed). I heard a call from the little boys' bedroom: "Mom, can I please have some ice water?" "You were supposed to have gotten your ice water before bed." There was a long pause. "Mom...do you remember how you told us that you love us more than anything...And how you would do anything in this world for us?" I began to chuckle. How could I not get him his water at that point? So I took him his water bottle and we had a quick reminder that kids love their moms and dads more than anything in this world,too!
1 comment:
that is pretty funny about the water! Got to love kids!
Post a Comment